Thursday, March 12, 2009

Frosted Tips

This is me after a 5 k backcountry ski in -52. I'm smiling only because I had no idea of the short-lived but excruciating pain I would be in when my boots came off and my toes started their slow burning thaw. Yeeeouch!

3 comments:

  1. Katie: Did your toes actually freeze? It happened to me when I was six. I panicked and "froze" (with my skates on)trying to climb the fence at the tennis court at the Horsefields. It was temporary ice rink that chilly day, and I was stuck at the top of the fence. Doug had to run up Rosebank Avenue and bring a half-drunk Dad to rescue me. I remember the excrutiating pain as my toes thawed. They have ever since been extremely sensitive to cold. I feel your pain!
    Love, Unca S

    ReplyDelete
  2. -52???I stop complain about Halifax weather!love you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, no joke -52, but that's including the windchill.... brrrrr.....

    And Scott the stories about your childhood never cease to amaze me while simultaneously pity your mother. No, my feet didn't actually freeze. That would require amputation I'm told. However they felt frozen (and hot and incredibly painful all at the same time!)

    ReplyDelete