Thursday, April 16, 2009

In the Meantime...

So I just had fish, that didn't come from a can, for the first time since I've been here. It was delightful. And I’ve made it my new resolution to eat as much fish as possible while I'm home. The fish was a gift from one of the support staff here and I believe it came straight out of 1 of the many lakes surrounding us. White fish it's called. Yes that's the type of fish "white fish" not white colored fish as I finally discovered after 7 weeks of asking "but no, what type ....?". It was tasty and I shared it with my beautiful preceptors Jenn and Myles after (what felt like) a long stint of suppers of popcorn, salads and frozen leftovers.

I actually didn't write tonight to bore you with my daily meals, but just to send a quick message to my fans (all 10 of you :D) that I've been doing much better since the long weekend break.We managed to get out of Gameti and climb a mountain/really big, rocky, hill. My spirits have been better ever since. That and the fact that I'm 3 and a half weeks from getting back to the east (thanks for the reminder Patrick) has made the cabin fever subside a little.

I’ll write more soon with tales from our mountain excursion.

No comments:

Post a Comment